Road traffic accidents in Yaxley can cause serious injuries and even fatalities, having a major impact not only on the victims’ lives but also on the lives of their loved ones. Injuries can range from brain and spinal cord damage to limb amputations and disfigurement.
If you have suffered an injury in a road traffic accident or are currently caring for a loved one who has been injured in this way, you may be able to claim personal injury compensation. A compensation settlement will help you to rebuild your life. Your injuries do not have to be major or life threatening for you to file a claim for compensation – even minor injuries such as mild whiplash can force you to take time off work or pay out for expenses such as prescription charges.
Claiming compensation for a road traffic accident in Yaxley
To be able to win compensation, you will need to prove that someone else was to blame for the road traffic accident. In order to do this, you will need to:
- Report your accident to the police.
- Make a record of contact details of the negligent driver and registration number of the vehicle involved in the accident.
- Take down the contact details of any witnesses to the accident.
- Take photographs of the scene, recording any skid marks, damaged vehicles, road conditions and hazards.
- Seek medical treatment for any injuries sustained in the accident.
- Report the accident to your insurance company.
- Keep receipts for any expenses you have been forced to pay out.
- Retain proof of any lost earnings that result from the accident.
- Consult with an accident solicitor in Yaxley and start your personal injury claim.
An accident solicitor in Yaxley will be able to seek compensation from the insurance company of the driver responsible for the accident. If you were hit by an uninsured or untraceable driver, your accident solicitor in Yaxley will be able to file a claim with the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB).
You will need to make your road traffic accident claim within three years of your accident. However, it is best to start your claim as soon as possible so that the details of your accident are still fresh in your mind.Open Claim Calculator
Contacting an accident solicitor in Yaxley
To start your claim today, call Accident Advice Helpline and discuss your accident with one of our highly trained advisers. You can call us free on 0800 689 0500 from any landline, or you can call us on 0333 500 0993 from your mobile, but calls from mobiles will be charged.