The risk of your being involved in a road traffic accident exists every time you get in the car and drive. There’s always the chance, too, that you might be the one to cause an accident – either because you’re not safe to drive, or because your car isn’t up to scratch.
Should you be the cause of an accident in which someone gets injured, they might make a claim against you through an accident solicitor in Trafford.
The importance of car safety
Don’t let yourself get into this position. Yes, you may have a valid MoT certificate, but that doesn’t mean much if, a few weeks after the test, your tyres go below the legal limit, your brake pads are worn right down, and your antifreeze is low. In cold weather, things such as these are of vital importance.
Top tips for car care in winter
Follow these tips and your next journey should run smoothly:
1) Make sure your fluids are topped up. The oil and antifreeze levels should be correct, and you need to make sure there’s plenty of windscreen washer fluid. You need this more than ever in winter, with rain, frost, grit, and everything else that ends up on your windscreen.
2) Check your lights. Make sure the headlights work on the sidelight, dip, and full beam settings – and the rear lights, the reversing light, the brake lights, and the fog lights. Take spare bulbs with you, too.
3) Can you see through all your windows? It’s not just the windscreen that needs to be clear – you need to be able to see through the rear window and all the side windows, too. Make sure they’re clean.
4) Check your brakes. They need to be in full working order anyway, but especially when there’s the risk of rain, snow and ice.
5) Are your tyres OK? The tread needs to be at least 1.6 mm deep in the central part of the tyre, but you should consider replacing tyres before they get that low. The stopping distance is markedly affected by the tread depth.
You still might need an accident solicitor in Trafford
Of course, even if you do all these things, there will always be those negligent drivers who don’t – and that’s when you might end up being affected.
If you are injured in an accident caused by one of these drivers, why not claim through an accident solicitor in Trafford? You could get a payout for the accident, as well as the expenses that you have incurred as a result of the accident.
- Dial 0800 689 0500 from a landline
- Dial 0333 500 0993 from a mobile
- Text “claim365” to 88010 and await a call from an advisor
All our solicitors work on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis, and we have been in business since 2000. Today, we’re one of the UK’s largest law firms and we carry the endorsement of Esther Rantzen – so you’re guaranteed only the best client care at all times. Call us now!