Have you been in the process of making a compensation claim and have reached the point where you are expected to undertake a compensation claim? Are you feeling nervous about the procedure? There really is no need to be wary as it is a simple procedure that has been put in place to help you as the claimant with an accident solicitor in Newton Aycliffe.
If you are making a compensation claim through an accident solicitor in Newton Aycliffe there will be a number of medical practitioners in the area and it is one of these that you will be asked to attend. Even if you have decided to make a claim with a national company there will be no need for you to travel to see a doctor, you will be asked to attend one local to you.
Many claims can be handled entirely by telephone with no need for any appointments at all, but if there are complications following your accident then a medical assessment is necessary to determine how long you are likely to remain injured.
Our accident solicitor in Newton Aycliffe – the medical assessment process.
Once you have received your letter inviting you to attend an appointment then the process is the same whoever you are making your claim with.
- You will be asked to give your permission for the appointed doctor to see your medical records. This involves the signing of a document so that the assessing practitioner can fully see your medical history and discover any existing complaints you may have.
- Attend your appointment which will normally be at a private clinic near your home. You will be asked a series of questions about your injury and what medical conditions you already have. You will then be given a thorough examination which will last up to twenty minutes. This is not the time to be shy. So if you are asked to undress then do so as the doctor needs to clearly see the extent of your injuries.
- A report is generated that is entirely confidential and will not be released to anyone without your permission.
- Your doctor produces a medical report that is passed on to your solicitor, this will include the length of time he thinks it will take you to recover and the treatment you may need to receive.
- The report is then used as evidence by your solicitor in making your compensation claim.
The report is vital to the final outcome of your claim so it is important that you are totally honest when it is being produced.
Accident Advice Helpline
Choosing an experienced legal firm is essential, when looking for an accident solicitor in Newton Aycliffe, you will find plenty of local solicitors who can help you, but you can choose to use a national company instead who deal with nothing but compensation claims day-in, day-out. Accident Advice Helpline are a law firm that have been doing just that for over ten years and we have over two hundred of our own solicitors working for us. If you want to find out more and get some no obligation advice then call them today on 0800 689 0500 (0333 500 0993 from a mobile) today.
Date Published: 11th January 2014
Author: David Brown