If you are thinking of consulting an injury solicitor in Leatherhead because you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault in the Leatherhead area then it may be useful if you were aware of how the process works. Here are some useful tips on consulting an accident solicitor in Leatherhead and on personal injury claims in general.
Top 5 tips on consulting an injury solicitor
1. Personal injury claims are NOT just made after accidents such as road traffic accidents and falls at work. You can, in fact, claim for an injury, disease or illness which is either physical or psychological. Personal injury claims may be possible for a case of lung cancer after working with toxic dusts and for a case of psychological illness following unresolved harassment at work. Injuries from faulty goods and services may also be included.
2. You can make a claim for compensation from the person or organisation that was at fault. The first part of the claims process is to show that they were at fault for the accident. This can be done via descriptions, records, photographs, sketches and so on.
3. Your injury claim will also require you to provide details about your injury. This includes every part of your body that was injured and any psychological symptoms that you are suffering such as anxiety and depression. The length of time that it took you to get better is also relevant. It is highly unlikely that your case will appear in court but it is still a possibility and so you have to be completely honest and truthful in all of the information that you provide. Your accident solicitor in Leatherhead at Accident Advice Helpline can then negotiate a fair level of compensation on your behalf.
4. It is useful if you can supply written financial records to support your claim. So, for example, if you have lost wages because you have been injured then wage slips from before and after the injury would show this. You can only claim for expenses and losses that were actually caused by your injury and you can also only claim for injuries that occurred in that accident. If you were suffering from a bad back before the accident you cannot claim for that!Open Claim Calculator
5. There are time limits related to making injury claims. Usually this is a maximum of three years although it may be longer for some industrial diseases that take a long time to develop such as emphysema. Having said that, it is always best to start the claims process as soon as possible after the accident or incident. Give Accident Advice Helpline a call and get some good early advice. They operate a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week helpline. You can then make a sensible decision about whether you want to go ahead with the claim or not.
Claiming with Accident Advice Helpline or an accident solicitor in Leatherhead
Although Accident Advice Helpline do not have access to a local injury solicitor in Leatherhead they can still represent you and your claim. This is because they are a national firm that works across the whole of the UK. So if you need an injury solicitor in Leatherhead look no further than this expert service.
Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no-obligation advice about making a claim.