With the festive season approaching, we often find that people are calling Accident Advice Helpline not just for an accident lawyer in Wigan, but also for advice on how to avoid getting into accidents over the Christmas holiday.
Being one of the largest law firms in the UK – and a company endorsed by Esther Rantzen – we are always very happy to provide such advice to people. We want to help people to claim the compensation that they deserve, of course, but because of our 14 years’ experience as a law firm dealing with personal injury claims, we also know the heartache that accidents can cause.
Accidents that lead to injury are bad at any time of year…
There’s never a good time to have an accident, but surely one of the worst times is when you’re spending time with family and friends, possibly relatives you’ve not seen for ages – and you’re off work for a bit, so you can enjoy a few drinks and relax in front of the TV.
The Christmas period often involves family events, whether or not you celebrate Christmas itself – and you want to enjoy everything without any mishaps.
An accident lawyer in Wigan can help you
Some accidents may be caused by other people. For example, if you switch on a new electrical gift and it gives you an electric shock, it’s probably because the appliance is faulty.
In a case such as this, you could claim compensation through an accident lawyer in Wigan. If you win your case, you will receive a payout.
How to avoid getting into an accident
Something such as that is obviously a horrible thing to happen. Here’s how to avoid Christmas accidents:
1) Buy age-appropriate gifts. Children can choke on small parts, so don’t buy things that aren’t intended for people in their age group. Is there an age range specified on the box? If not, ask a staff member in the toy shop for advice.
2) Don’t rush in the kitchen. Christmas dinner is wonderful, so people don’t mind waiting a bit longer for it. If you rush, you might scald or burn yourself – or spill something, slip on it, fall, and injure yourself.
3) Clear up wrapping paper and packaging. Use a bin when unwrapping gifts – put the discarded paper and plastic into it. Don’t leave it on the floor, where it will be a slip hazard.
4) Buy plenty of batteries. Gifts often need them, and they might not be included. Don’t risk your life, and others’ lives, by “borrowing” batteries from smoke alarms!
Call Accident Advice Helpline
Sometimes, all the advice in the world couldn’t help you avoid an accident – especially when it happens through no fault of your own.
If you suffer injuries, call us about making a claim through an accident lawyer in Wigan:
- Dial 0800 689 0500 from a landline
- Dial 0333 500 0993 from a mobile
- Text “claim365” to 88010 and someone will call you back
All our lawyers work on a ‘no win, no fee*’ basis. Our hotline is open 24/7, too – just leave a message if there’s no answer, and an adviser will call you up as soon as they can.