Have you had an accident at home? Every year, many people get injured because of something that has happened at home, and they need to seek the services of an accident lawyer in Gedling.
How can a home accident lead to a claim?
Not all accidents occurring in the home can be claimed for. This is only the case where the accident has led to personal injury, and it is not the accident victim’s fault that they got injured.
An example of an accident that could be claimed for might be an electrical shock injury sustained when using a new electrical product that is faulty. When it’s plugged in and switched on, it malfunctions, causing severe burns to the user’s hand.
Injuries caused by other parties, such as builders, may also be claimed for. You might have had some work done, but it has not been completed to a reasonable standard, and you get injured because something collapses, for example.
Contact an accident lawyer in Gedling
If this happens to you, consider starting a compensation claim when you have sought medical attention. You can do this through Accident Advice Helpline, by calling one of the following numbers:Open Claim Calculator
- 0800 689 0500 from a landline
- 0333 500 0993 from a mobile
Alternatively, text “claim365” to 88010 and someone will call you back.
If your case is taken on by an accident lawyer in Gedling, you could be awarded a payout. All our solicitors work on a no win no fee* basis, though, which should give you peace of mind in the event that your claim is unsuccessful.
Avoiding accidents in the home
Did you know that the home is the most likely place in which you could have an accident? As surprising as it seems (we like to consider our home to be a safe haven, after all), there were 2.7 million accidents at home that required hospital treatment during 2002. By contrast, recent statistics show that there are under 200,000 people who get injured in road accidents.
You can reduce your risk of getting into an accident by making your home safe. For example, do your electrical circuits have RCD protection? This will drastically reduce your risk of getting electrocuted or shocked if there is an electrical problem.
Also consider slip and trip risks. Mop up spillages promptly in the kitchen and bathroom, and remove obstacles such as papers from the living room floor.
In the bathroom, reduce your risk of getting scalded by running cold water in your bath before adding hot. Don’t use any electrical items in or near the bath, either.
Make sure that, in the kitchen, you don’t leave pans unattended – especially if they have hot fat in them. It’s a fire risk.
If you do get injured through no fault of your own, call Accident Advice Helpline. We look forward to helping you with your compensation claim.