There are rules in place for making a personal injury claim that an accident lawyer in Cambridge will have to make sure your situation complies with. In fact the same rules apply to all types of accident claims, anywhere within the UK.
- Someone else must have been at fault for the accident
- You must have sustained injuries in the accident
- Your injuries must have needed medical attention
- The accident must have happened with the last three years
There are some exceptions to the time limit rules, the two main ones being;
- If your personal injury claim is because of an industrial illness or condition, as these can take many years to manifest themselves, you have three years from the date of diagnosis.
- If you were under 18 when an incident happened then, the three years rule starts ticking from your 18th birthday, and stops the day before your 21st birthday. It is better if someone made a claim for you at the time of the accident, as it can be hard to prove things many years later.
If you are uncertain whether you are eligible to make a claim with an accident lawyer in Cambridge, call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Our friendly advisers will be able to give you all the information you need to decide if you want to make a claim. Calling them puts you under no obligation to proceed, and they will not pressure you to.
Getting an estimate before you start your claim
Many victims want to know how much they are likely to be awarded before they start their claim. Because circumstances differ so much, it is impossible to guarantee an amount at this early stage of the processes, but we can give you an estimate.
Just answer four simple questions on our 30-second test and if you qualify to make a claim, it will tell you how much your compensation could be.
Using an accident lawyer in Cambridge at Accident Advice Helpline
So now you know you fit the rules, and have an estimate of how much your compensation could be, the next stumbling block for many victims is paying for help with the claim. But it should not be. Accident Advice Helpline uses the ‘no-win, no-fee*’ agreement to finance all the claims we handle, which means we will not ask you for any money to start your claim, and we will not ask you to pay the legal fees should the claim be lost.
Taking everything into account, you have nothing to lose by contacting us after being injured in an accident that was not your fault, and the sooner you do, the sooner you may have the compensation that is rightfully yours. If you’re looking for an accident lawyer in Cambridge, come to us!