How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • **Required

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Accident in a bar

    100% No-Win No-Fee*

    Accident in a bar

    Have you been hurt whilst in a bar or club?

    If you’re going out for an evening, thinking about being injured is probably the last thing on your mind. But accidents in bars and clubs can and do happen, and it’s important that you stay safe. Whilst you may not want to think about any accidents that could happen or any possible injuries that may occur, staying safe in a bar or club is extremely important. Taking certain steps to prevent injuries occurring could save you from serious harm and a trip to your local hospital. If somebody else has caused your accident in a bar and you have been injured, then you should be able to make a claim for personal injury compensation, provided it has been three years or less since your accident.

    What types of accidents could happen in a bar?

    Of course, it isn’t always possible to safeguard against every type of accident occurring. Although you may wonder how you could become involved in an accident in a bar, it’s actually easy to get hurt whilst you’re out and about.

    There are numerous types of accidents that could occur in a bar, including slips, trips and falls, cuts and lacerations from broken glass and even criminal injuries if a fight were to break out. Other common injuries can include things like electric shock from a faulty hand dryer in the bathroom, or even food poisoning, if you’re dining at the bar. The important thing to remember is that if you are injured you should report your accident to the bar management, whether you have sustained minor or more serious injuries, as they’ll need to keep a record of this.

    Did you obtain medical help?

    If you’re dealing with injuries that could be sustained from an accident at a bar, you’ll want to get medical help as soon as possible. Whilst a member of staff with first aid training may be able to provide you with some help, you may also need to see a doctor or attend hospital for further treatment.

    Although you may be tempted to go home after a suffering an injury, this could be dangerous. If you’re experiencing internal injuries or head injuries, you could suffer further complications if you simply go to sleep without seeking additional treatment. It’s important to have a medical assessment of your injuries to ensure you get the treatment you need in order to make the best possible recovery from your injuries. In some cases, you may even need to spend time in hospital for treatment or surgery.

    What treatment did you need after your accident in a bar?

    You need to have obtained medical treatment in order to make a compensation claim at a later date so it’s worth bearing this in mind as well when seeking medical treatment after your accident in a bar. The treatment for injuries sustained from an accident in a bar will obviously depend on how badly you’ve been hurt. Generally, doctors will perform a range of tests and examine you to determine the appropriate course of action.

    If you can’t remember exactly what treatment you were given, there’s no need to worry as it will all be documented on your medical records and these can be used when you make your compensation claim. Accident Advice Helpline will speak to medical professionals involved in your treatment to obtain copies of your medical records and find out what type of treatment you have received and what your prognosis is.

    How serious are your injuries?

    If somebody else caused your accident in a bar then there is no need to worry that your injuries are not serious enough to warrant taking action and making a personal injury claim. Accident Advice Helpline has been helping people claim compensation since 2000 and during that time we have handled thousands of claims for minor injuries like sprained ankles or cuts and bruises. Provided you received medical attention for your injuries, you should be eligible to make a claim, although the amount of compensation you get will take into account the severity of your injuries. Generally speaking, you’ll receive more compensation if you have suffered a serious, life-changing injury.

    Are you taking legal action?

    It’s hard to imagine how drinking responsibly in a bar can lead to a trip to the hospital and a potential compensation claim but it only takes a simple accident for this to happen. If you’re wondering who is liable for an accident in a bar, we can help you to find out. Once you know who is liable for your injuries, you’ll know if you can make a claim for compensation and, if so, who you should make your claim against.

    Generally speaking, fault often lies with the manager or operator of the bar – for example if you have tripped on damaged flooring or been injured by a faulty hand dryer in the bathroom, they could be held liable. It’s their responsibility to ensure that their bar is a safe place for members of the public to be, and if they have failed in this respect and been negligent, then you could have a viable claim.

    Making a claim with Accident Advice Helpline

    If you’re worried about the cost of making a claim for an accident in a bar or if you want to find out how to claim compensation for an accident in a bar, contact us now. Simply call us on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 if you’re calling from a mobile and we’ll be happy to help. Our personal injury lawyers work on a 100% no-win, no-fee* basis, so there is no need to worry that you won’t be able to afford to make a claim. With no upfront fees to pay, anybody can claim with us, and if you want to find out more or get advice relating to your accident, in confidence, you can call us. There is no obligation to proceed with a claim at any point.

    Category: Accident in a bar

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading name of Slater and Gordon UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 125 446 327, registered office 50/52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activity.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.