If you are a bike rider, then normally it is a fun hobby for you to have, although on occasions you could be involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault. If this happens to you, then you may be entitled to make accident claims in Pontardawe, and Accident Advice Helpline can assist you.
A bike rider is very vulnerable on the busy roads in the UK. This is because there is little protection for a cyclist and if you do have an accident then it is normally a serious injury you will suffer. If an accident has happened to you, and you were not at fault, then you can make accident claims in Pontardawe for compensation.
Avoiding accident claims in Pontardawe
There are things that you can do to try and avoid having a cycling accident, and at the same time reduce the risk of serious injury if you are involved in one, such as:
- Wearing a good quality safety helmet can save your life, just make sure you wear it correctly, not tilted backwards on your head.
- Wear any other protective clothing you can. Knee pads and elbow pads can help, as can good sturdy footwear.
- Wear something bright to make yourself more visible to other road users.
- Learn the Highway Code. You might not need to take a test to ride a bike, but you should know the rules of the road.
- Maintain your cycle. This is really important as you do not want your brakes failing when you need them most.
- Don’t play music while you are riding. This will stop you hearing other traffic that could be out of sight.
- Don’t ride close to parked cars. If a driver opens a door, you could receive very nasty injuries.
- Don’t ride next to other riders. If another rider falls for some reason, they could take you down with them.
No one can guarantee that you will never have an accident while you are out on your cycle, but hopefully if you take these precautions, it is less likely to happen.
Other reasons why you could have a cycle accident
You could have a cycling accident without any other vehicles in sight, in fact many accidents are solo events. Maybe you hit a pothole in the road or you fall off because of a bad road surface, or there could be oil spilt on the roads. These are all common accidents that a bike rider can have.Open Claim Calculator
Compensation because someone else is to blame
All accidents are the fault of someone, even if it is the rider themselves. But if you are injured in any accident at all that was not your fault, you could be entitled to compensation, and should call Accident Advice Helpline to find out.
You can contact us on our free phone number, 0800 180 4123, and speak to one of the friendly advisors, or you can complete the 30-second test on our website for guidance.
We operate on a No Win No Fee* basis, so you have nothing to lose by contacting us and getting the best advice available, ensuring you get the most out of your compensation claim.