Did you know that, if you are injured by a forklift truck at work, you could claim compensation against your employer, with the help of accident claims lawyers in Solihull?
Accident Advice Helpline is a personal injury specialist with 16 years’ experience in the field, and if you’re eligible to claim, we would like to hear from you.
Injuries at work and why you can claim
When you go to work, you should have a safe environment in which to do your job. It’s your employer’s responsibility to provide you with that safety, so if you get injured, they could be to blame for it – and if that’s the case, you could put in a claim.
Some people worry about claiming through accident claims lawyers in Solihull, feeling that they are somehow betraying their employer. They think they might cost their boss a lot of money, which could put the company at risk. They also fear being treated badly upon their return – or, worse, getting fired.
The truth is, none of these things will happen, because:
- Money for claims comes from employers’ liability insurance, not profits
- If you were mistreated or sacked, it would be against the law
In fact, your employer is more likely to expect you to claim!
How do forklift truck accidents happen?
Forklift trucks are dangerous machines in the wrong hands. Training is essential before operating a forklift truck – they are heavy pieces of equipment that could injure the driver, and/or someone else who happens to be in the truck’s path.
Injuries may occur in the following ways:
- As a result of incorrect or inadequate training – the driver makes an error because they haven’t been trained properly
- Because of crushing – a load may fall off the forks or be dropped on someone’s feet by accident, or the truck could run over someone’s feet or hands
- When the truck is driven on unsuitable surfaces – if a warehouse floor is uneven, and you’re driving a truck with no suspension, your body will absorb a lot of shocks
Claim through our accident claims lawyers in Solihull
You can get started with a claim now by calling one of the following numbers:
- 0800 689 0500 from a landline
- 0333 500 0993 from a mobile
Or text “claim365” to 88010 and await a call back. The lines are open 24/7 but if you call the hotline and there’s no answer, leave your details and an advisor will get back to you as soon as possible.
We want to help you to get the compensation that you deserve – with minimum hassle for you. All our solicitors work on a no win no fee basis, so why not call us now?
Date Published: 26th November 2014
Author: David Brown