Getting help from accident claims experts in Warwickshire
Dust can be a serious health hazard to the people who work in environments where it is a natural by product of the work. Through inhalation of this, in workplaces such as mines, construction sites, and some ship building industries, a group of diseases known as pneumoconiosis can occur. These, however, are usually entirely preventable, but, if they have occurred to you through no fault of your own then you may be entitled to make a Warwickshire no win no fee* compensation claim to see how our solicitors might be able to assist you.
There are a few diseases included under this name, and any or all of them could allow you to make a Warwickshire no win no fee* compensation claim if it wasn’t your fault. These are:
- Coal Worker’s Pneumoconiosis. No only those who mine coal, but those who also transport it could be at risk of this disease, as it is caused by breathing in coal dust over a long period of time.
- Welder’s Lung. This is sometimes known as siderosis of the lung and is caused due to the inhalation of iron dust and particles, and usually only metal workers are at risk of this.
- Silicosis. This is due to people inhaling silica dust over a long period of time, often found in sandstone, slate, flint and other such stones, putting those who work with these materials at high risk.
- Asbestosis.This is one of the more common pneumoconiosis, and is caused by the inhalation of asbestos dust, from any colour of asbestos.
- Kaolin Pneumoconiosis. This is also known as China Clay Pneumonconiosis as it is sometimes cause by kaolin which is commonly used in the ceramics industry, as well as the paper and cosmetic industry. However, this pneumoconiosis is slightly different as it may not cause breathing problems.
Whatever the type or the industry, it is the duty of your employer to ensure that these diseases do not occur by providing the correct and necessary personal protective equipment, training, and ventilation required when in contact with hazardous substances such as these. If this has not been the case then you could possibly be entitled to make a a claim with help from accident claims experts in Warwickshire.
Making a compensation claim
Just by making a Warwickshire no win no fee* compensation claim, you will not only stand the chance of getting the compensation you are due, but raising awareness of the safety standards in your workplace, perhaps preventing further accidents or incidence of illness.
Claiming compensation is usually a straightforward process, and it is important to note that you cannot be dismissed from your job because you are claiming against your employer. If your employer has failed in their duty of care you have a legal right to seek compensation. It is unlikely that your claim will need to go to court.
The amount of compensation that you receive will of course depend on how serious your condition was, but our lawyers always work hard to secure the maximum amount of compensation possible.
You have three years from the date you became unwell in which to file your Warwickshire no win no fee* compensation claim.
If you would like to speak to one of our advisors about making a claim with accident claims experts in Warwickshire, contact us now on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Date Published: 10th December 2014
Author: David Brown
Category: Location Posts