How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Accident cars

    Nowadays, most people have access to a car that they use regularly, whether for the school run, the commute to work or taking trips on weekends. When looking at the figures for the number of accidents on Britain’s roads, they are truly alarming. Between 2000 and 2010, 32,955 people were killed in road traffic accidents, and nearly 3 million left injured. These startling figures show the need for specialist claim advice from legal experts for the huge numbers of people left injured by an accident cars have caused.

    The types of accident cars may be involved in

    The types of accident cars are involved in can vary greatly. First of all, we will take a look at the people affected, and possibly injured in a road traffic accident. These may be:

    • The driver
    • Passengers
    • A motorcyclist
    • A pedestrian
    • A cyclist

    To be eligible to claim compensation for your road traffic accident, the injuries you have sustained must be someone else’s fault. The reason for these types of accidents occurring may be:

    • Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
    • Reckless driving behaviour, or lack of attention
    • Speeding
    • Driving without prescribed glasses
    • Poor road surface
    • Insufficient signage

    Whatever the reason for your accident, as long as it was someone else’s fault, occurred within the past three years and resulted in the need for medical attention, then you may be entitled to make a claim.

    Why should I make a claim for compensation?

    By making a claim, you will not only be taking steps to be compensated for your injury and any resulting losses, but you may also be setting in place preventative measures that will result in fewer accidents on the roads today. For example, if your accident was caused by drink driving, the person responsible will be deterred from doing so again; both by the law, and on a personal level. If your car crash was caused by a badly damaged road surface, the local council will likely take measures to repair that section of road.

    Open Claim Calculator

    How difficult is it to make a claim?

    The process of pursuing compensation is simple, especially when you use a reputable law firm such as Accident Advice Helpline – set up to ensure that for you as claimant, the experience is as stress-free as possible.

    All you need do to set your claim in motion is firstly fill out the 30-second test which will check your eligibility and provide you with an estimated compensation amount. A highly-trained advisor will then be in touch to take your details, and match your case to the member of our in-house law team it requires. With an extensive team of lawyers Accident Advice Helpline is able to find a legal team with experience in your specific personal injury, including any type of accident cars are involved in.

    We are endorsed by TV personality Dame Esther Rantzen, a fervent UK consumer champion. Her endorsement allows you further peace of mind in the work that Accident Advice Helpline does. Simply call Accident Advice Helpline on our numbers 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: 26th January 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Car accident claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.