When it comes to making personal injury claims in Runnymede, there is no denying that your solicitor is going to be largely responsible for securing compensation. However, this does not mean that you do not have a role to play. There are various steps you can take to ensure your case is as strong as possible. So, keep on reading to discover everything you need to know.

Personal injury claims in Runnymede

What can you do to strengthen your case? Let’s find out:

  • See a doctor – There is only one place to begin and this is with the fact that you need to see a medical professional. A lot of people bypass this step when they have only sustained minor injuries. However, not only is seeing a doctor vital for your health, but it is imperative if you want to have any chance of securing compensation. After all, how else are you going to prove that you suffered an injury?
  • Contact details – You should try to get the contact details of the person that caused the incident, as well as anyone that witnessed it. Witness statements can really help to strengthen your case.
  • Report the incident – There are situations when it is necessary to report the incident. For example, if you have been involved in a workplace accident you will need to tell your employer, as they will need to record it in their accident book, which they are required to have by law. If you have been involved in a road traffic accident, you may need to inform the police, especially if the other driver has fled the scene or the incident is a threat to oncoming traffic.
  • Take photographs – If applicable, take photographs of your injuries, as well as any damage to the scene, such as street or vehicle damage.
  • Make a note of everything that happened – As soon as you get the chance, you should sit down and make a note of everything that occurred in as much detail as possible, as this will ensure you don’t forget any important details later down the line.
  • Keep proof of expenses – Keep proof of any costs you have incurred because of your injuries, such as prescription costs, loss of income and travel expenses, as you will be able to claim for these as special damages.

How to get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline today

You can call, text or complete the handy 30 second test on our website.

  • Call freephone 0800 689 0500 from a landline
  • Call 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
  • You can try the quick and easy 30 second test on our website
  • Text ‘Claim365’ to 88010 and we will call you back.
Is there anything wrong with this page?
Report Post
Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.