How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Health and Safety News

    Worker hospitalised for six months after being electrocuted

    By Jonathan Brown on February 9, 2017

    Worker hospitalised for six months after being electrocuted

    An electrician who suffered a massive electric shock while working on a prestigious London development is still in hospital, six months after the incident.

    George White, 27, suffered 45% burns after being electrocuted while working on the new Goldman Sachs headquarters – a £350 million development in Holborn Viaduct.

    Mr White was put into a medically-induced coma for several weeks after being “set on fire” while removing a section of cable from a panel in in July 2016.

    The former part-time model is still recovering from the incident at Queen Victoria Hospital in East Grinstead – a centre for specialist reconstructive surgery, burns care and rehabilitation.

    Speaking to the London Evening Standard from his hospital bed, Mr White said: “The pain was so bad after the electric shock I thought I’d die. I’m so grateful to the doctors who helped me.”

    Mr White, who is from East London, has been forced to give up his electrician job and part-time job as a model for an agency that specialises in “character models”.

    Risk assessments complete

    The Standard reports that there were adequate risk assessments in place and that the electrical charge had been turned off when Mr White was electrocuted.

    However, when he reached for the cable while carrying out his work, an electric current surged through his body.

    He told the newspaper: “I remember seeing a flash and electricity coming out of my leg. It set me on fire. I sat on the floor breathing out black smoke, as my insides had been burnt. My arms were grey and my hands were burned to a crisp.”

    The Standard has highlighted that there is “no suggestion Goldman Sachs or Mr White’s employer Wingate Electrical PLC were at fault for the accident”.

    Source: The London Evening Standard

    Share On


    Date Published: February 9, 2017

    Author: Jonathan Brown

    Category: News

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.