Being a commercial driver is a high-risk occupation. Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for the best truck driver injury advice. If you have been injured at work – you could be entitled to make a personal injury claim.
Truck driver injuries at work
Professional drivers spend most of their time on the road and, as such, are often injured in road accidents. However, a number of other hazards can also lead to truck drivers being injured at work. Some of the more common causes of injuries include the following:
- Injuries during packing and unpacking of loads.
This includes back injuries from handling heavy items and being struck by falling objects.
- Slips, trips and falls.
Unpacked cargo, wet floors and a number of other hazards can lead to slips, trips and falls in the depot, often resulting in serious injuries to drivers and other workers.
- Back problems.
Studies have shown that work that involves driving for long stretches at a time can lead to back pain.
So what do I do if I have been injured at work?
Whether you are involved in a road accident or an accident in the depot, there are certain procedures that you can follow in order to make sure you have the best chance at making a successful compensation claim later on:
- Seek medical attention for your injury.
- Report the accident to your supervisor and make an entry in your company’s accident book. If you are involved in a road accident, you should report the accident to the police.
- Try and take photos of the accident scene. Record details, even if it seems insignificant at the time.
- If you are involved in a road accident, make sure you get all the contact details of anyone else involved in the accident. Take note of the make and model of the other vehicles involved and take down their registration numbers.
- Get the name and contact details of anyone who may have witnessed the accident. They can verify your version of events later on.
- Find a good solicitor to handle your claim.
Making sure you find the right lawyer to handle your claim is half the battle. Being injured at work can have a significant impact on your life, both financially and emotionally. Knowing you are in capable hands that will work hard to get you the compensation that you are entitled to will give you peace of mind while you wait for your claim to be settled.
Contact Accident Advice Helpline
Call us now on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone and speak to one of our friendly legal advisers for the best truck driver injury advice. Our legal adviser will discuss your accident with you and answer any questions you may have about how the claims process works. One of our expert personal injury lawyers will then take your case forward on a 100% ‘no win, no fee’* basis. You have nothing to lose, call us now.