How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    My traffic accident has left me injured

    Traffic accidents occur on a daily basis no matter how cautious you are when you drive. In fact, many people say that they are not worried about getting into an accident because of their own driving abilities, but they are worried about other drivers on the road. Car accidents can happen because of unforeseen circumstances but they can happen as a result of negligence. Here’s what to do if you have a traffic accident that has left you injured.

    Types of traffic accident

    Traffic accidents do not have to occur when you are actually the driver of a vehicle. If you suffered an injury from traffic when you were walking along the street or you were the passenger in a vehicle, you still may be able to receive compensation. Negligence on the part of the driver of the vehicle must have occurred in order for you to make a personal injury claim with AAH therefore, you must ensure that you were not at fault in any way before you take action. Another vehicle may have collided with your vehicle causing you injury or you may have been a pedestrian when you were injured by a vehicle. You could also have suffered an injury if you were a passenger, that is, in a friend’s vehicle or on public transport. If you were not at fault then you should consider claiming compensation.

    Collect evidence of your injury and any medical attention you have received since the incident. This will back up your claim and help speed up the process. We at AAH will help you obtain any evidence and witness statements to back up your personal injury claims. Of course, you can use our 30-second compensation calculator beforehand to receive a quote on the amount of compensation you may receive. Alternatively, you may call us on our Freephone number at any time of the day. Our trained advisors are available during working hours and you may leave a message thereafter and we will get back to you to discuss your traffic accident.

    You may have an injury such as whiplash, concussion or a fracture, or you may have a more serious injury. We at Accident Advice Helpline consult with everyone over the telephone to determine if the incident was another individual’s fault and how much compensation you may be able to receive as a result of their negligence on the road.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: September 24, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Road Traffic Accident Claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.