If someone had an accident at the trade fair two years ago, can a trade fair accident claim be filed?
Yes, a trade fair accident claim can be filed as long as the accident occurred within the past three years.
Fictional example: My younger brother is an employee at the convention centre and was operating a vehicle during an accident trade fair. A cable snapped due to faulty equipment, causing him to collide with another vehicle He suffered injuries to his head. Is he able to file a claim?
Yes. A trade fair accident claim can be filed as long as it has been established that the injury sustained was due to the negligence of those responsible, be it the convention centre or those in charge of the trade fair.
How long will it take to process the claim?
It varies from one case to another. We cannot give you a definite time, but we will do our best to process your trade fair accident claim in a timely manner.
Is there any supporting documentation that is needed when filing a claim?
We do recommend that you provide us with as much documentation that you may have from the mishap, as this will help substantiate your claim. Documentation of the following would help support your case:
- Details such as date, time, location and a complete description of the incident should be noted.
- If there were any witnesses, you can give us their contact details and we can contact them if they are willing to give their accounts of their accident.
- Correspondence (e.g. by phone, email or copies of letters sent by post) that you may have sent to the trade fair in reference to the incident should also be included.
- Medical assessments that give a description of the injury and details of any medical attention that you had to receive are significant as well.
- If you have any photographs of the injury as well as a photograph of the location, this would also be helpful.
How much can you get for a trade fair accident claim?
Accident Advice Helpline cannot guarantee a specified amount. We can only estimate how much you will get. You can get an estimate by filling out our free, 30-second online compensation calculator.
This is a free and simple 30-second evaluation that gathers the details of your case and helps you to determine whether Accident Advice Helpline can assist you with your trade fair accident claim.
It will also give you an idea as to how much you might be awarded. After submitting details using the calculator, one of our experienced solicitors will contact you as soon as possible.
Is another medical assessment necessary?
It depends. As a claimant, you may be required to attend an additional medical assessment. You will be informed by an Accident Advice Helpline advisor as to whether an additional medical assessment will be required or not.
Is it necessary to go to court after the claim has been filed?
Most often, our claimants do not have to go to court. If there is a need, you will be informed in advance.
How can my trade fair accident claim be submitted?
You can use our free, 30-second online compensation calculator and wait until someone calls you.
Alternatively, you can call Accident Advice Helpline and speak to one of our friendly, highly trained advisers about your trade fair accident claim.
You can call 0800 689 0500 from a landline phone or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile phone.
Date Published: June 23, 2015
Author: David Brown