Sadly accidents at work can have a devastating effect on workers who can suffer injuries of varying degrees and even death.
While Accident Advice Helpline can often do a great deal for people who have been victims and can advise them in making a compensation claim for a construction site injury, there are also precautions which can be taken by both employer and employee.
By law, contractors and sub contractors have to ensure their employees are free to work in a secure and safe environment and construction site workers also have a responsibility to ensure they are aware of safety at work guidelines, which should be clearly displayed on any building site.
The top five building site safety tips to avoid work-related injuries are:
- Wearing the correct protective clothing provided, including hard hat high visibility tabard, boots and gloves.
- Using the correct equipment, which should be well-maintained and in good working order.
- Carrying out only tasks for which you have been trained or if necessary, have the correct qualifications in a correct manner and when needed supervised by a competent and qualified person.
- Ensure the working environment is safe and secure, with correct guardrails, boards, signs and the area is non-hazardous for workers and public if on or near the site.
- Work in a responsible and safe manner within the guidelines, rules and health and safety executive laws.
Even with the best will in the world and workers acting in a responsible manner mishaps do happen. The top five building site safety tips are worth baring in mind, if you want to reduce the potential risks.Open Claim Calculator
But with 13 years of experience Accident Advice Helpline is well-placed to help accident victims to make a claim for compensation.
The law firm has established such a good reputation television personality and consumer champion Esther Rantzen has endorsed Accident Advice Helpline.
She does so because the firm insists on sticking to a strict policy of accountability, dependability, reliability and integrity.
Claimants can swiftly find out quickly if they qualify to make a claim for compensation by taking a look at the compensation calculator, which only takes around 30 seconds to complete and can be found on Accident Advice Helpline’s website.
Injured workers are able to use the 24/7 helpline or go online taking each simple step to make a claim for compensation for injury at work.
As they operate on a no win-no fee basis the process is simple, and without obligation and so ensures every claim is dealt with efficiently as part of the firm’s policy. The top five building safety tips can help you become more aware, but there are still claims being made with regards to these and other issues.