Motorways can help you complete a long-distance journey in a far shorter period of time. However, they are not without their dangers. If you drive, you may already know what the dangers of driving on motorways are. Whether you do or not, look through the following to find out more.
How many dangers could you name?
- Undertaking. If you wish to overtake, you do so on the right-hand side of a vehicle in another lane. However, if someone is sitting in the middle or outside lane, some drivers will undertake them to get past more quickly. This can be very dangerous.
- Sitting in the middle lane. Lazy drivers often drive onto the motorway, move into the middle lane and sit there so they don’t need to change lanes. Unfortunately, it makes the journey more dangerous for everyone else.
- Speeding. Motorways have the highest speed limits of all roads in the UK. However, some people still exceed that limit. When this happens, there is less time to react to the potential dangers that might crop up. This could be dangerous for other people on the road as well.
- Driving too closely to the vehicle in front. Even if you don’t do this, you have probably experienced another driver doing this to you while driving along the motorway. This is called tailgating, and if you have to stop in an emergency, the car behind will probably end up smashing into you.
- Driving too slowly. This might sound like a good thing, but if you have ever been driving according to the speed limit on a motorway and suddenly found a car doing 40mph in front of you, you’ll know how dangerous it can be.
Find out whether you are due compensation for your injuries
Motorway accidents can potentially be more severe than accidents which occur at lower speeds, and for obvious reasons. If you have been injured in an accident you think was someone else’s fault, and it happened within the past three years, you could have a chance to make a compensation claim. If you wish to know more, call 0800 689 0500 now and speak to an expert at Accident Advice Helpline. Reap the benefit of our experience, gleaned over a period of more than 15 years. See if you can claim for injuries caused by the dangers of driving on motorways.
Category: Road Traffic Accident Claims