How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Did your three-year-old suffer a broken arm?

    If your child has broken their arm, you naturally want to find out how their accident happened, and what treatment they need. It may be that your three-year-old suffered a broken arm after a fall at nursery, or perhaps they were injured whilst in the playground, due to faulty equipment. With a three-year-old, a broken arm will usually heal quickly but it can be difficult to keep their arm immobilised, and if they have fractured it near the elbow then it can sometimes heal abnormally, resulting in a crooked arm. Most fractures in young children are ‘greenstick’ fractures where the bone bends and only breaks on one side. Children’s bones are still growing and a serious fracture could result in damage that affects this growth, leading to bones growing more slowly than those in the rest of the body, or even growing at an angle.

    Who’s to blame for my three-year-old’s broken arm?

    If your three-year-old’s broken arm was caused by somebody else’s negligence then you may be able to make a personal injury claim. You could claim with Accident Advice Helpline, not only for your child’s pain and suffering but also for your own financial losses – for example if you’ve taken a couple of weeks off work to look after your injured child and take them to hospital appointments. Although a child can easily injure his or her arm in an accident that was nobody’s fault, if your child has been injured at school, nursery or playgroup, it could be that more could have been done to prevent their accident from happening.

    For example if your child is injured after a trip at a soft play centre, caused by damaged flooring, you could make a claim for compensation. Perhaps your child fell from a faulty climbing frame at a council-owned play park near your house, breaking their arm. In this case the local council could be held liable for their injuries and you could make a personal injury claim within three years of their accident.

    Get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline

    Whether you’re ready to make a claim or unsure whether you are eligible, you can call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 (0333 500 0993 from mobiles) to find out more. We have over 16 years’ experience helping people claim compensation and we’re here to make sure you and your child receive the compensation you are entitled to. Get in touch with us today and we’ll be able to tell you if you have a viable claim.

    Date Published: February 23, 2017

    Open Claim Calculator

    Author: Rob Steen

    Category: Arm injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.