When exploring and enjoying everything the extravagant area of Thailand has to offer, the last thing you want to happen is an accident on holiday. Injuries, illness and misfortune can instantly turn a fantastic adventure on its head.
How can I avoid needing to make a holiday accident claim while exploring Thailand?
Generally, Thailand is an extremely safe country to visit. As with any destination, however, there are certain techniques travellers are wise to employ to avoid holiday injuries. Given the exotic nature of the location, there are a number of travelling dangers that are almost unique to this part of the world.
The following safety tips can go a long way to ensuring the impact and severity of any injuries on holiday are minimal.
- Travel safely – this means avoiding unmarked taxis and the like. Many Thailand visitors will be keen to experience at least one tuk-tuk ride. These three-wheeled rickshaws are exciting but temperamental so make sure yours isn’t too crowded.
- Stay out of the tall grass – Thailand is home to a whole host of poisonous snakes. As well as dwelling amongst the vegetation, they also seek refuge in holes and drains etc.., so watch where you put your hands.
- Don’t swim in the rivers – not only do snakes lurk here, but a whole host of other dangerous creatures do too. In addition, the water is often unclean and can cause serious illness.
- Be a cynic – pickpockets and thieves often work in groups and will approach tourists in an overly friendly manner in order to be distracting. If someone or something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
What can I do if I need to claim for travel accident compensation?
Fortunately, help is at hand if you suffer on your travels. Here’s how to get back on your feet.
- Call Accident Advice Helpline – their line is free to call and they can offer friendly, professional guidance with no obligation to continue.
- Make your decision – your initial consultation can help establish whether or not you have a claim to make. Should you decide to pursue holiday accident compensation, Accident Advice helpline will be there every step of the way. They work on a no win no fee basis and the majority of cases are settled outside of the courtroom.
Just because a holiday accident happens abroad doesn’t mean you should shrug it off as bad luck.
So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Date Published: November 5, 2013
Author: David Brown