How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Taking action in cases of medical negligence

    If you believe you or a member of your family are the victim of medical negligence, you may be eligible to make a claim for medical negligence compensation.

    When to make a claim for medical negligence

    Whether you were treated for injuries that occurred through:

    • Accidents at work
    • Falls, slips or trips
    • Or an illness not related to an accident

    If you did not receive the correct treatment for your injury/condition at the time and subsequently sustained further injury or became more ill, you may be able to claim against the doctors, other medical staff or the authorities employing them. The first thing to remember is that this must be done within a maximum of three years of the  apparent failure to treat you correctly.

    How to claim compensation

    Open Claim Calculator

    Calling Accident Advice Helpline and discussing your situation and the relevant circumstances with one of their experienced advisers will assist you in determining if you have a valid claim. This does not just apply to cases of alleged medical negligence, but also to injuries incurred at work. For example, repetitive strain injury or industrial deafness, as well as injuries received in car accidents, falls or trips and injuries through faulty products.

    What will be required?

    Advisers will inform you that the burden of proving medical staff were in breach of duty, and caused your injury/ damages as a result, is on your shoulders. This means you will need proof that in spite of knowing all of your details, symptoms, family health history and so on, doctors failed to diagnose or treat your condition or injury correctly and that you were injured as a result of this failure.

    Work accidents, falls and road accidents

    Similarly you will be required to prove that an injury at work, through a car accident or a fall in a public place was indeed someone else’s fault, as opposed to being your fault. Once it has been established who was responsible, liability for compensation can be established.

    Accident Advice Helpline legal team

    Working on a basis of no win, no fee**, Accident Advice Helpline legal team will then do everything in their power to obtain the compensation due to you. How long this will take depends on individual situations and generally cannot be predicted. Actual amounts claimants may receive in claims for injury through medical negligence can also not be precisely stated to begin with.

    Date Published: October 17, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Medical negligence claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.