Go-karting with friends and family can provide hours of exciting and energy-filled afternoons. It is a popular exercise for birthday parties, stag dos and general days out with friends.
But if safety practices are not adhered to when driving a go-kart, these occasions can be marred by serious personal injury. All go-karting companies are responsible for ensuring your experience is as safe and enjoyable as possible, otherwise they may be liable to pay compensation.
What can I do to reduce the risk of suffering slips, trips and falls while go-karting?
- Always wear a helmet to protect yourself from head injury should your go-kart flip over.
- Wear a seatbelt at all times. Due to the speed at which some go-karts can travel, serious personal injury could be suffered if you were to be involved in a go-karting accident without wearing a seatbelt.
- Do not have any loose clothing that could be caught up in the go-kart’s engine or wheel shaft.
- Always ensure you are accompanied by a go-kart expert and you are always in the company of adults.
How do I claim for personal injury suffered by go-karting?
If you have been unfortunate enough to suffer an injury as a result of a go-karting accident, Accident Advice Helpline have the experience to advise you on whether or not you qualify for a claim and whether or not you may be successful.
Our friendly, professional and experienced advisors are available through our 24/7 advice line and can help you make a 100 per cent no win, no fee* claim.
It is important that you ensure the following points apply to your situation before attempting to make a personal injury compensation claim:Open Claim Calculator
- Your accident occurred while you were go-karting.
- The accident happened within the last three years.
- The injury you suffered while go-karting resulted in your having to seek immediate medical treatment.
- The go-karting accident was not your fault.
If all of the above apply to you, then it is likely you will qualify for a personal injury claim due to your injury suffered while go-karting. We advise you to call us in the first instance to learn how you can proceed with an easy and hassle-free claim now.