Being depressed is commonly work related and it can have a detrimental effect on your personal life, including your family, as well as your career.
But, if you are currently depressed as a result of work, there are steps and procedures to take in order to achieve a more positive outlook on your life. By taking positive steps towards trying to overcome work-related depression, you can reduce the risk of experiencing accidents at work.
What can I do to reduce the risk of suffering personal injury at work as a result of work-related depression?
- Consider a career change if your depression has been brought on by your current job. A fresh start can significantly boost your morale.
- Try to spend more time with your family and take time to focus on the most important things in your life. What really matters to you?
- Take care of your finances and ensure they do not suffer a result of your work related depression. Money worries can bring on more depression.
How do I claim for accident at work compensation if I suffered an injury due to work-related depression?
If you have been unfortunate enough to suffer an injury as a result of being depressed, such as being involved in a car collision or suffering a nasty slip, trip or fall, Accident Advice Helpline have the experience to advise you on whether you qualify for a claim and whether you may be successful.
Our friendly, professional and experienced advisers are available through our 24/7 advice line and can help you make a 100 per cent no win, no fee* claim.
However, it is important that you ensure the following points apply to you before attempting to make a successful personal injury compensation claim:Open Claim Calculator
- The accident happened while you were depressed because of work.
- The injury you suffered resulted in your having to seek immediate medical treatment
- The accident, either on foot, on the road or at work, was not your fault
If all of the above apply to you, then it is likely you will qualify for a personal injury claim due to being depressed at work and we advise you to call us in the first instance to learn how you can proceed with an easy and hassle free claim now.