How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Survey shows work injury types for men and women

    When it comes to accidents at work, we wondered if there were any differences between the sexes in regards to the types of injuries sustained. Accident Advice Helpline commissioned a survey to find out more about work injury types, and the results are in.

    Our survey showed that although slips, trips and falls are the most common work injury types, women are more likely to suffer this type of accident than men, with 43% of women and 34% of men having been injured in this type of accident. Men are more likely than women to be injured after a fall from height – just over 4% of men were involved in a fall from height at work, with 0% of women we surveyed suffering after this type of accident. Men are also more likely than women to suffer manual handling injuries, with just under 23% of men and almost 12% of women experiencing injuries after lifting something heavy or awkward.

    What’s caused these results?

    These results could be due to the jobs we traditionally do – for example, you’re statistically likely to find more men than women employed on construction sites and in manual labour jobs, such as working on a roof. More women than men are employed in office and retail roles, which could explain why slips, trips and falls are the most common work injury types amongst women. This isn’t to say that women don’t suffer injuries after falls from height and men don’t become injured after slipping at work – they do, it’s just less common.

    Regardless of the type of accident you’ve been involved in and the severity of your injuries, if somebody else is to blame, you could find yourself eligible to receive personal injury compensation. But how do you know if you’re eligible?

    Open Claim Calculator

    Find out more today

    The best way to find out if you could make a personal injury claim is to contact Accident Advice Helpline. You can take the 30-second test on our website right now, to see how much compensation you could get, and then call us on 0800 689 0500 to get more information about making a claim. Our team of personal injury advisors offers confidential, no-obligation advice and there are no upfront fees to pay as our lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee* basis. But don’t sit around waiting and wondering if you could make a claim. There’s a three-year time limit in place, so it’s best to get in touch as soon as possible after your accident, whatever work injury types you’ve suffered.

    Accidents at Work

    Date Published: July 3, 2016

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Category: Research

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.