How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Slips, trips and falls by far most common work accident type

    Accidents at work have the potential to happen no matter what your job. Perhaps you work as an assistant in a retail store, or are employed as a labourer on a building site – it doesn’t matter. Accident Advice Helpline recently commissioned a survey to find out what types of accidents are the most common amongst people at work in the UK, and we have the results to share with you. It seems you’re most likely to be injured in a slip, trip or fall at work – this was by far the most common work accident type, with almost 39% of people surveyed having been injured in a slip, trip or fall. Being struck by a moving object was also common, with around 8% of people having been affected, whilst almost 11% of those we surveyed had been injured in a manual handling accident.

    What do these statistics mean?

    The results of this survey mean we still have some way to go towards ensuring our workplaces are safer. No matter what work accident type has left you injured, if your employer has been negligent, you could make a personal injury claim. That’s because it’s up to them to keep you safe at work. This includes things like ensuring you don’t work too many hours, making sure you get the necessary rest breaks, maintaining equipment and machinery and ensuring it’s safe and keeping your working environment clean, tidy and safe.

    If you’ve been injured and believe your employer is to blame, you could make a claim for personal injury compensation, and Accident Advice Helpline could help you. Since 2000, we have handled hundreds of claims from employees across the UK who have been the victim of negligent employers.

    Will you lose your job?

    In a word, no. Your employer can’t legally fire you for making a personal injury claim, and you shouldn’t feel guilty, no matter what work accident type has left you injured. All employers will have liability insurance which protects them and should pay out in the event of a claim by a member of staff. You shouldn’t be the one to suffer if you’ve broken your ankle after tripping on damaged flooring at work or been injured after a fall from height.

    Open Claim Calculator

    You can call Accident Advice Helpline today to find out if you could make a 100% no win, no fee claim. It’s free to call us on 0800 689 0500 and speak to one of our expert advisors for advice in confidence, and there is absolutely no obligation to proceed with a claim, should you change your mind.

    Accidents at Work

    Date Published: July 3, 2016

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.