If you have been injured on or by a Segway, you need relevant and trustworthy Segway accident advice to know what steps to take next.
A Segway can be a fun mode of transport to get you from one place to another. They have risen in popularity as more tour groups use them as a novel way to get around and explore foreign cities. A Segway uses innovative gyroscope technology to operate. It is designed to speed up as the rider leans forward, or slow down once they lean backward.
Unfortunately, an increase in the use of Segways has led to a subsequent increase in the number of Segway accidents. There have been numerous reported cases where the machines failed to respond appropriately to commands. Some have suddenly shut down or reversed at high speeds, throwing off riders. Other Segway accidents have been caused by human error, or malfunctioning transporters colliding with other objects or persons.
Victims of such accidents often end up with serious injuries including:
- Severe lacerations.
- Spinal or facial injuries.
- Neck and back injuries.
- Head contusions and brain damage.
- Simple and compound fractures.
If you have been the unfortunate victim of a Segway accident and are considering legal action, then contact Accident Advice Helpline. You may have valid grounds to claim compensation if the accident happened through no fault of your own.
What can be included in the compensation claim?
Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we can help you establish who was liable for your accident. If you rented the Segway from a company, then you can sue the owners for providing you with a defective machine or failing to inform you of the risks.
You may be entitled to compensation for several types of damages, depending on the accident and the nature of your injuries. The two main types of damages include:
- General damages. This is the amount of money you stand to be awarded for the pain and suffering caused by your accident. It also covers any loss of amenity or the ability to do things you were able to do before the accident, such as driving or playing particular sports.
- Special damages. This refers to compensation paid out for the financial losses you incurred. It often encompasses any medical expenses, damage to property or loss of earnings. It may be adjusted to cater for any futures losses if you are unable to continue working.
Accident Advice Helpline
If you need expert Segway accident advice, why not contact Accident Advice Helpline? Since opening our doors more than a decade ago, we have helped hundreds of accident victims in the UK win maximum compensation for their injuries. We have a team of qualified specialist personal injury solicitors, as well as friendly advisers on hand to help you with your Segway accident claim.
To get in touch with us, call us on one of our free helplines. You can ring 0333 500 0993 from a mobile or 0800 689 0500 from a land line. Call us today and get the ball rolling on your compensation claim.
Date Published: August 24, 2014
Author: David Brown