School road accident in East Kilbride sparks anger amongst residents

A 12-year-old girl was knocked down in a school road accident outside Canberra Primary School on Belmont Drive on 6th October 2014. Although she remained in hospital overnight, the girl’s injuries were not serious, but the accident left local residents outraged.

Those living in the area have been calling for safety measures to be put in place on the road for years. Just six weeks previously, they campaigned to improve the flow of traffic at the busy junction outside the primary school. Residents warned the council that the road was ‘an accident waiting to happen’ and problems with traffic and parking on the road were compounded when the new school opened last year.

James Gillespie, a local resident, commented, “I told the council that a child could have an accident and now it has happened. Surely prevention is the best thing, not waiting for an accident to happen.”

Gordon Mackay, Head of South Lanarkshire Council’s roads and transportation services, said this week, “Before this incident, there were no injury accidents on the road in the last three years, which is the period used to assess accident trends.”

Has your child been injured in a road traffic accident?

If your child has been injured in a school road accident, you’re probably blaming the driver of the vehicle and wondering if you can claim compensation. The good news is that there is a three-year time limit in place in which to make a claim. Whether your child has been left with cuts and bruises after being struck by a car on a school crossing or hospitalised with life-threatening injuries after being hit by a bus or van outside their school, you may be able to claim compensation for their injuries. You’ll need the services of a reputable personal injury lawyer, who will be able to assess whether you have a viable claim

Choose a personal injury lawyer with experience

When searching for the right personal injury lawyer, you want someone who is experienced in the industry, so choose Accident Advice Helpline. We have years of experience in helping customers just like you to claim the compensation they deserve.

However your child has been injured, we recognise that this is a difficult time for you, so we’re here to make the claims process as simple and stress-free as possible. That’s why all of our lawyers offer confidential, no-obligation advice and a 100% no win no fee* service.

Call our freephone helpline today on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to find out whether you have a viable claim for compensation.

Source: Daily Record 

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.
Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )