Travelling to and visiting new and exciting landscapes can be one of the most thrilling things in life, particularly if it is to somewhere as vibrantly colourful and exotic as South America.
Equally, suffering the sort of injuries that require a travel accident claim can turn the trip into a nightmare.
Safety tips for avoiding an accident on holiday in South America – The basics
– Try to arrive in the daytime. Everything is clearer, easier to understand and it simply feels safer when you can see everything around you.
– Choose you’re own taxi and choose it carefully. Under no circumstances should you be persuaded or cajoled into taking an unmarked cab.
– Try and book a hotel room near the elevator or stairs and you may also wish to take a rubber doorstop to slide beneath the door on your side.Open Claim Calculator
– Check valuables into the hotel safe and avoid wearing expensive jewellery whilst touring.
– Study your destination thoroughly before you travel.
– Keep photocopies of your documents at your British base.
Avoiding injuries while travelling in South America – Personal safety tips
– Try not to look and act like a naive, unwary tourist. Obviously there are new sights and experiences to be explored but standing out like a sore thumb can make you vulnerable. Things like keeping your camera well hidden except when being used can help you avoid suffering injuries on holiday.
– Respect local traditions and customs. Things like learning some essential phrases and endeavouring to speak in the native tongue can go a long way to garnering help and sympathy when required.
– Do not stroll about alone after dark.
– When out in nightclubs, keep your drink protected and never unattended. Never accept drinks from strangers.
– Keep your money, passport and essential documents in a hidden bag next to your body. Muggers target those who look out of place and flaunt, however unintentionally, their wealth.
– Do not resist an attempted robbery. Money and possessions can be replaced. Lives cannot.
Please bare those safety tips in mind, they could potentially preserve your life.
What if I need to make a travel accident compensation claim?
Fortunately, should the worst happen, Accident Advice Helpline have the knowledge and expertise to help get you back onto your feet. A law firm with over 10 year’s experience, they offer:
– A freephone advice line with experts waiting to field your call
– A no-win, no-fee* policy
– A quick claims calculator on the website
– Experience in a range of claims including personal injury, traffic accident, work injuries and public falls.
So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.