How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Did you receive electric shock treatment after an accident?

    Electric shock treatment is typically required if someone receives a significant shock from any electrical source. The basic rule of thumb is always to seek medical advice if you are in any doubt of your health following a shock, especially if it was a powerful one or if you are experiencing any notable symptoms. Furthermore, you should always seek treatment if you believe a third party caused the accident to occur.

    Few people will ever experience a shock like this in their lives. Those that do occur are likely to be minor, and will require no treatment. However, when the current is significant, extensive burns and other injuries can be experienced.

    Not all injuries are visible

    This is very important to note, because burns can and will occur along the path of the electrical current. This means you may notice a burn at the points of entry and exit of the current, but you may see nothing else. However, this doesn’t mean there aren’t further burns inside the body that may have done significant damage.

    If you have received a shock and you feel unwell, or you have lost consciousness, or have other symptoms you are uncertain of, it is always best to seek medical treatment immediately following the accident. This is particularly true if you believe a third party caused the incident, because your medical history may later prove very useful if you claim compensation.

    Did you receive electric shock treatment within the past three years?

    The reason we mention three years is because this is the time within which a claim to seek compensation must be made. This means it is not necessary to make a claim immediately following an accident of this nature (or indeed of any other kind). However, the sooner you find out more, the easier it will be to progress, purely because everything is very recent and will be fresh in your memory.

    Open Claim Calculator

    The first step is to call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile. You can tell one of our advisors about your accident and electric shock treatment, and give them all the facts at your disposal. If one of our personal injury lawyers agrees to take your case, it will be on a no-win, no-fee* basis, which means you don’t need to worry about solicitors’ costs if you lose.

    Date Published: April 10, 2017

    Author: Rob Steen

    Category: Electric shock injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.