How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Health and Safety News

    RAC and Aardman Animations team up to promote child road safety

    By David Brown on August 9, 2014

    This July, the RAC is working with THINK! and Aardman Animation to teach child road safety in schools across the country. Children from Windwhistle Primary School and other schools will be asked to work in groups to create short animated films on the subject of child road safety, with tips from Aardman Animation, the creators of Wallace and Gromit.

    Role-playing and interactive learning ensures children are engaged with the topic and will take responsibility for their own road safety, as part of the RAC’s Child Road Safety campaign and competition. Dangers on the road are everywhere, from blind corners and crossing in-between parked vehicles, to parents parking on zig-zag lines outside schools. Child road safety is not always taught at home, and schools should provide children with the information they need to stay safe.

    Lynette Bryan, a teacher at Windwhistle Primary School, commented: “There are many more things that could be done to support road safety awareness, working with both local authorities and emergency services. However, I believe that schools and teachers must continue to find ways to protect and educate children about the dangers of our roads, regardless of how much external support they receive.”

    Has your child been injured in a road traffic accident?

    If your child has been injured, either as a pedestrian whilst walking home from school or crossing the road, or as a passenger in a car, you may be wondering who is to blame for their accident. Whilst accidents do happen, and are often nobody’s fault, if there is evidence of dangerous driving, you could be eligible to make a claim for compensation. Around 5,000 children under the age of 16 are seriously injured or die on the UK’s roads each year – 75% of these accidents occur when children are walking or playing. Injuries sustained could range from minor cuts and bruises to broken bones, concussion or serious, life-threatening injuries.

    Claiming compensation for your child’s road traffic accident

    However your child has been injured, the last thing you need is more stress, and so claiming compensation may not be the first thing on your mind. Here at Accident Advice Helpline, our aim is to make the claims process as simple and straightforward as possible, so we offer confidential, no-obligation advice to all our customers. Whether your child has suffered cuts and bruises or has been seriously injured in a car accident, we can help. Call our freephone helpline today on 0800 689 0500 to speak to an experienced member of the team, and find out if you could be eligible to claim compensation.

    Source: RAC

    Share On


    Date Published: August 9, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.