How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Plasterer accident advice

    If you have had an accident whilst working as a plasterer, looking for Plasterer accident advice is one of the best things you can do before making a compensation claim. There are certain steps that you need to take in order to ensure the success of your claim. The first thing you have to do after a work-related accident is to report it to your employer as soon as practically possible. Your employer has the obligation to record the details of your accident in the Accident Book. If your employer does not do this, you can write down the details of the accident and send him or her a copy. Another thing you can do is to register the accident as an industrial injury with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). When reporting the accident to the DWP, you will be required to fill in a form, which is very useful if you intend to claim an industrial injury benefit later.

    Making your claim

    If you have suffered an injury as a result of a work-related accident, you could make a complaint to get an explanation of what went wrong. However, the main issue with complaint procedures is that the result is often an apology, which cannot help you solve your health problems or financial complications resulting from taking time off work. Thus, the best course of action to receive the compensation you deserve is to file a workplace injury compensation claim.

    There are several ways to get compensation for a work-related injury. You can use a personal injury law firm, you can take legal action yourself, or you can make a claim against the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). If you choose the first alternative, it is advisable is to look for a personal injury solicitor with experience in managing workplace accident claims.

    Besides providing professional plasterer accident advice, an experienced personal injury lawyer can help you claim not only general damages, but also special damages. Whilst general damages include compensation for the pain, suffering and loss of future earnings due to the injury, special damages cover actual financial loss incurred as a direct result of the accident. Special damages usually include damage to personal belongings, the cost of medical treatment, care, travel to and from the hospital and any other expenses relating to the work accident. 

    Are you searching for a personal injury solicitor?

    If yes, the professionals representing Accident Advice Helpline are ready to help you pursue your workplace accident compensation claim through the courts. Before approaching us, it is critical to know that the compensation claims for accidents at work must be made within three years from the date of the accident.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you have failed to file your claim within this timeframe, you can still approach us for plasterer accident advice. Depending on the particularities of each case, workers’ compensation claims can be pursued outside the three-year timeframe. Finding out if you have a legal right to make a claim is quite simple. Call our number 0800 689 0500, fill in our compensation claim form, or visit our website to find out how much you are entitled to receive as compensation for your injury.


    Date Published: April 22, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.