How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Personal injury claims for hit and run accidents

    It’s a sad fact of life that hit and run accidents do happen, and whether you’re a driver, passenger, cyclist, pedestrian or motorcyclist, being involved in a hit and run accident is incredibly traumatic. The good news is that even if you don’t get the other party’s details, you could still make a claim for compensation if you have been injured in a hit and run accident.

    Who will pay my compensation?

    Hit and run accidents should always be reported to the police, who will normally attempt to trace the driver – provided they have insurance, your claim would then go ahead as normal to the other party’s insurance company. However, if the other driver is not insured, there’s no need to worry. You could still claim through the Motor Insurer’s Bureau (MIB) Uninsured Driver Scheme, and Accident Advice Helpline can guide you through this process, which can often be a lengthy and complicated one.

    What if the other driver can’t be found?

    If the police are unable to trace the other driver, you may be unable to make a claim through Accident Advice Helpline, however you could contact the Motor Insurance Bureau, who deal with claims by untraced or uninsured drivers. In all cases, it’s important to gather as much evidence as you can after the accident – this includes taking photos of the scene and ensuring you get contact details for any witnesses.

    How we can help you claim for compensation

    If you’ve been involved in a hit and run accident, the last thing you need is any more stress, and we can help to take a weight off your mind. Just give our team of specialist personal injury lawyers a call and we’ll let you know whether you’re eligible to claim – we’re happy to answer any questions you have about the process and offer a no-obligation chat, so if you change your mind about claiming, no problem.

    If you do decide to go ahead with your claim, we offer a 100% no win, no fee* service, which means you won’t need to worry about expensive legal fees – we don’t charge anything unless your claim is successful. You can find out right now how much you could claim by taking the 30-second test on our website, and because our helpline is open 24/7 on 0800 689 0500, you can call us at any time of day or night for advice or just a chat about your options.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: January 12, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Hit and run accident claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.