How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    What is the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman?

    The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman has been created to provide an impartial service that looks into complaints made against specific government departments. They will also look into complaints against the NHS. They do not charge for their service and their website provides lots of information on what they do and who they can help.

    The website for the PHSO also has case summaries that are starting to be published concerning the outcome of particular cases brought to them. These summaries provide non-identifiable details about the situation and the person affected, as well as going into detail on the findings and how the situation was put right.

    The website also provides fast and easily accessible information if you do wish to make a formal complaint. You can read the latest news pertaining to this area of interest on the site as well, giving you plenty of opportunities to find out more about the work they do and how they approach it. Since the complaints venture into more areas than just the NHS, the Ombudsman gives you lots of information, advice and support if you wish to learn more or you actually wish to make use of their services.

    How should you approach the idea of complaining?

    It is always best to put your complaint to the particular hospital or organisation you have a problem with first. However it can be difficult to do this if you are unsure of where you stand legally. You may also feel as if you will not have an impartial hearing if you complain directly to the organisation or NHS trust that caused the problems in the first place. If you think this is the case, contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman to see if they can help.

    If you think you might be entitled to compensation, contact AAH now

    In some cases it might be right to consider claiming compensation. If you have complained and you feel your case has not received the right outcome, or you are seeking compensation as a consequence of what has occurred, contact AAH for more details. We may be able to provide you with support in bringing a no win, no fee* case against the NHS trust or hospital concerned. Call our free 24/7 enquiry line today to see what you can do and where you stand.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: September 19, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.