How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Making a rogue doctor compensation claim

    Making a rogue doctor compensation claim

    When visiting a GP or any kind of medical professional, it is essential that you go to one which has the medical qualifications to treat your illness or to give you the advice you need. People put a lot of trust in medical professionals to take care of them when they are at their most vulnerable so, if you have to see a specialist or cosmetic surgeon, it is a good idea to visit a qualified GP who can recommend someone or refer you directly.

    Although it is not common, there have been instances where individuals have sought medical advice from a person claiming to be qualified. Rogue doctors may claim to have the qualifications they need to treat you but they can put patients’ lives in danger if they do not possess these credentials. If you have suspicions, ask to check qualifications or seek alternative advice. In the rare case that someone is not qualified but is practising as a medical professional, you could seek compensation for any injury or illness you have sustained as a result.

    Rogue doctor compensation claims

    A rogue medical professional does not have to be a GP. It could be an individual claiming to be a nurse, surgeon, specialist or cosmetic surgeon so it is wise to be aware of who you are being treated by. Ask questions about your prescription if you are not sure it is correct or ask about qualifications if you are suspicious. Those performing cosmetic procedures must also be qualified so never go for injections or enhancements from someone you have not checked out beforehand. If you have become ill due to botched surgery or you have sustained an injury or illness due to a misdiagnosis, you may be able to make a claim. If you discover that your medical professional was not qualified to make diagnoses, then you can also make a claim for compensation.

    How to claim for medical negligence

    Accident Advice Helpline is free to call 24/7 so you can pick up the phone any time. Alternatively, our 30-second online test is easy and quick to take if you want an estimate on your claim before speaking with us. Where there is evidence of a rogue doctor and you have suffered an injury or illness as a result, you may be able to win a cash payout from those responsible for allowing this person to practise. Our business operates on a no win, no fee basis therefore you don’t have to worry about paying anything upfront to pursue the matter. Call us on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no-obligation advice about making a claim.

    Date Published: July 22, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.