How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    What to do if your job gives you RSI

    If you already suffer from RSI – which stands for repetitive strain injury – you will know how painful and uncomfortable it can be. The name is given to a condition that may develop when someone performs the same movements over and over again. Some people wrongly assume you have to lift or move heavy things repetitively for this condition to develop. However, most cases develop through sheer overuse.

    RSI commonly occurs in the upper limbs, with the wrists and hands usually being affected. However, it can also affect the neck, shoulders, elbows and forearms, depending on how bad the condition is.

    What can you do if your job gives you RSI?

    Some people develop RSI because of the job they do. For example, typing and regular computer use can lead to the condition. Other people may also get the condition if they perform the same movements through their work on a regular basis. Working on a production line in a factory may involve such movements, for instance.

    If your job gives you RSI, it is important to seek medical advice from your GP and to discuss the matter with your occupational health expert at work, if you have one. Your employer has a duty to make sure you can perform your job safely. They must try to make changes to the way you work if you develop a condition like this. For example, they may provide an ergonomic keyboard if you type, as this helps keep your wrists straight. They may also be able to change your working environment to help improve your symptoms.

    Have you sought legal advice yet?

    Your first port of call should definitely be to find medical advice to help alleviate and treat your symptoms. However, if your employer does nothing to help you and you believe they have neglected their duties in this way, you have an opportunity to seek legal advice regarding the prospect of compensation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline may deal with the fallout from accidents, but we also deal with situations like these. If you are suffering from RSI that was caused at your workplace, give us a call free of charge now on 0800 689 0500 to find out if we can assist you in making a no win, no fee* compensation claim. Just one call could reveal the answer that could potentially take you towards a claim.

    Date Published: February 16, 2016

    Author: Allison Whitehead

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.