How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How can I claim against a large corporation?

    Making a compensation claim against a large corporation may seem daunting at first. In fact, many people who have been victims of accidents caused by one of these corporations may suffer in silence instead of taking action. You do not need to be one of them.

    If you have had the misfortune of being involved in an accident that happened due to negligence or irresponsibility on the part of a large corporation, you have a right to pursue compensation. Examples of these corporations may include your employer (if you work for a large organisation), businesses, shops, supermarkets or even the local council.

    These organisations have a responsibility to provide and maintain a safe and healthy environment for their employees, customers, clients and visitors. They are also responsible for any accidents that might occur as a direct result of their carelessness, laxity and oversight.

    You can claim compensation for a variety of accidents including slips, trips or falls, road accidents as well as workplace accidents. These accidents often result in injuries such as head, back or neck trauma, sprains, strains and bone fractures.

    What compensation claims can you make?

    The compensation claims you are eligible for depend on the location of the injury and your relationship with the defendant. For instance, if you trip over broken pavement, you can sue the local council for personal injury compensation since the location falls under their jurisdiction. On the other hand, if you sustained injuries because of a spillage in the workplace, you may be eligible for work accident compensation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    The amount of compensation you ask for is largely determined by the severity of the injuries you suffered and the impact they had on your life. A typical claim seeks to compensate financial expenses incurred by the victim.

    Filing a successful compensation claim

    The main steps are outlined below:

    1. Ascertain your eligibility to make the claim. You must be sure that the accident was not your fault, it happened in the last three years (there may be exceptions to this) and that you suffered injuries and received treatment for them.
    2. Gather evidence. You will need proof that the accident took place and that you sustained injuries. This evidence may include photographs of the accident scene, contact details of witnesses, medical records and receipts of finances spent due to the injury.
    3. Talk to professionals and submit your compensation claim as soon as possible. This might mean calling Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 for advice on your case. If you decide to proceed with the compensation claim, you will be referred to a qualified solicitor.
    4. Hand over all evidence to the solicitor and allow him to build a strong case for you. Your solicitor may want to settle the case out of court and you can accept if the terms are favourable. Failure to do so means that your case could end up in court.

    Here at the Accident Advice Helpline, we are proud to have helped thousands of people in the UK to make successful claims against large corporations. Contact us today and we can help make yours the next success story.

    Date Published: September 24, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.