The Eternal City has been and always will be one of the top tourist venues in Europe. With a stunning mixture of ancient architecture such as the Colosseum and the Forum, as well as a wide variety of trendy shopping districts and fine cuisine – Rome really does have something for everyone. But, the Italian capital does have dangers that may threaten any traveller and cause a potential travel accident compensation claim.
What should I look out for to avoid an accident claim in Rome?
As the capital of Italy, Rome is quite a safe city, and free of many crime hotspots that may be associated with a large metropolis. However, there are many potentially hazardous things to look out for to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable trip:
- Tourist Attractions – With many unique and enticing venues and sights, exploring Rome is a must during any city break. However, it is important to be attentive when doing so, as being preoccupied can leave you vulnerable to falls and injuries.
- Renting a Car – One of the best ways to get around Rome is via car. But, this can be treacherous, with the city’s roads famous for their lack or order and exuberant local drivers. Research road laws prior to your trip, stay out of trouble and try to stay away from the more popular routes.
- Slips and Trips – Being eager to take in your surroundings may take you on long walks around the city of Rome. Many pavements that are away from the more popular routes can be dangerous, with loose surfaces and drains providing the potential for trips and falls. Take care on foot and wear suitable shoes to avoid a vacation accident.
- Crossing the Road – With a reputation for dangerous driving, Rome can be one of the scariest cities possible to explore on foot. Take extra care when crossing the road and be sure to use designated crossings to minimise the risk of an accident.
- Do Your Research – Like any city, Rome has dangerous areas. Be sure to look into where to avoid when planning trips out to make sure you are not exposed to unnecessary danger. If in doubt ask a member of staff at your hotel for advice.
Rome is a breath-taking city, full of culture, excitement and iconic sights. But remember, keep safe to have an unforgettable trip to avoid any possible accident claims in Rome.