Although Spain is widely seen as a holiday destination for sun worshippers, the European country also offers the potential for great city breaks, with Madrid being the finest example. Sights such as the Royal Palace of Madrid and the Santiago Bernabeu (the home of world famous football team Real Madrid) are prime examples of excellent venues to explore. You may want to relax in one of the cities many squares with a fine selection of tapas restaurants close to hand. Bu, Madrid is not without dangers that may result in a potential travel accident compensation claim that may spoil an otherwise fine holiday.
What should I look out for to avoid a holiday compensation claim?
Madrid is widely thought of as safe city if you stay away from some of the notorious neighbourhoods, meaning that you should be free of danger during your stay. But, there is the potential for accidents when exploring, and here are a few to be aware of.
- Renting a Car – One of the best ways to take in a city like Madrid is by renting a car. But this can be dangerous, with the rules of the road and general driver etiquette being quite different than in the UK. Be sure to read up on road laws to stay out of trouble and always use a trusted car rental service.
- Tourist Attractions – Taking in the iconic sights of Madrid is a must for any tourist. However, it’s important to remember to stay alert, as being side-tracked can open you up to a potential fall or injury.
- Slips and Trips – Investigating new surroundings may well leave you vulnerable to falls and injury. Many walkways off the beaten track may have loose slabs and uneven surfaces which then increases your chances of a fall. Take care on foot and wear suitable shoes to avoid a holiday mishap.
- Be Careful on the Metro – Madrid’s underground rail service is a great way to manoeuvre around the Spanish capital quickly and efficiently. However, walkways and escalators of various stations, particularly those out of the city centre, are areas where potential falls and holiday injuries may occur.
- Be Careful in Bars and Nightclubs – Madrid has a wide variety of bars and nightclubs to choose from, offering plenty of options for great evenings. Like any city, some are more dangerous than others, so if you are unsure of which venues will offer excitement and safety seek advice from hotel staff or a concierge.
Madrid is a great venue for a holiday, with activities and sites to suit even the most hard to please traveller. But, remember keep safe to have an unforgettable time to avoid any potential accident claims in Madrid.