Personal Injuries On The Road
Many jobs involve driving, and thankfully Britain has some of the world’s safest roads. Nonetheless, road traffic accidents do occur, and if you have a job that involves a lot of driving, statistically you stand a higher chance of being injured in a car accident.
While you can’t prevent another driver hitting the rear of your vehicle, there are some devices that can help make your journeys safer and reduce the chance of you needing to make a car crash claim.
Five car gadgets to help avoid personal injuries on the road:
- Hands-free kit: Talking on a phone is one of the most dangerous things you can do while driving. Sometimes, however, it is necessary, and so a hands-free kit or Bluetooth connection is essential to lower the risks of being injured in a road traffic accident.
- Sat Nav: These gadgets are deservedly very popular now, but their advantage doesn’t end with giving you directions, thus keeping your attention on the road and away from a map. They can also show you the bends in the road, accident black spots, the speed limit, your exact speed of travel, and even live traffic updates. All of which can keep you safer and less likely to make a driver injury claim.
- Car MD handheld diagnostic tool: this is an excellent tool for those times a light comes on and you don’t know why. By plugging it into the vehicle’s internal computer, you can find out exactly what the problem is. This removes the chances of ignoring a big problem by thinking it’s nothing to worry about, which can result in a nasty road accident.
- Warning triangle: If you find yourself broken down at the side of the road, the warning triangle alerts drivers that there is a broken down car, and stranded driver, on the road. This is particularly important if you break down on a corner as cars behind you won’t be able to see your hazard lights.
- Tyre pressure reader: Tyres need to be at the correct pressure to function at their optimum. If they’re too flat or too inflated, you increase the chances of needing to seek car crash compensation. Digital pressure readers are cheap and tell you exactly what the air pressure in a tyre is, helping to keep you safe.
Accident Advice Helpline is there to help you if you are a victim in a road accident that wasn’t your fault.
Date Published: October 17, 2013
Author: David Brown