Accidents are a source of great stress to the victims and their families. Depending on the injuries sustained, the accident may result in physical pain and psychological trauma, which may in turn lead to deterioration in the quality of life the victim used to enjoy. Filing a compensation claim against the person responsible for your accident is one way of bringing justice to the situation. Finding the right compensation solicitor might make all the difference in a claims case.
Selecting the best solicitor to handle your case is a very important step towards ensuring that the outcome of your compensation claim is favourable.
Role of the solicitor
Making a compensation claim involves spending numerous hours gathering evidence, wading through legislation and completing legal paperwork. This is where a hiring a specialist solicitor comes in handy. Solicitors play various roles in compensation cases, including:
- Advising you on whether to progress with your claim, the chances of success, and the amount of compensation to demand.
- Advising you on the best way to fund your claim.
- Gathering evidence to build a strong case for you.
- Negotiating the terms of compensation with the defendant.
- Representing you in court, should your case progress that far.
What to consider when selecting a solicitor?
When selecting the best solicitor to handle your compensation claim, you should aim to get one with legal expertise relevant to your specific case. The following are other factors to consider:
- Confirm that the solicitor is accredited with the Law Society. By choosing an accredited lawyer, you are increasing your chances of a successful claim with sufficient compensation for your injuries.
- Check that the solicitor’s credentials and qualifications come from recognised institutions.
- Concentrate on the lawyer’s actual achievements and settlement history, rather than just the number of the years they have been in practice. After all, they might have many years of practice under their belt, but they might not have won any cases.
- Consider the solicitor’s reputation. If possible, check out testimonials from other clients to see if they were satisfied with the services offered.
- Meet the lawyer. This is the best way to gauge for yourself whether the solicitor is a good listener and whether they make you comfortable. You will then be in a position to decide if you can trust them with your compensation claim case.
How to find the best solicitor?
You can employ several methods to find the best solicitor for your compensation claim. For instance, you may opt to carry out the search on your own, or you may depend on your friends, family or colleagues to refer a suitable lawyer. These two methods might only add to your troubles, leaving you more confused than when you started.
Alternatively, you can call Accident Advice Helpline. We have an excellent team of solicitors in locations right across the country and they are all good at what they do. You can be sure that we will match you up with the best compensation solicitor qualified to deal with your claim and to ensure you receive the maximum compensation payout you deserve.