What is the Faculty of Public Health?

The Faculty of Public Health sets standards for public health specialists in the UK and was established as a charitable organisation in 1972. Made up of the three Royal Colleges of Physicians of the UK (Edinburgh, Glasgow and London), the Faculty of Public Health is a member of the World Federation of Public Health Associations. The organisation is an independent body and supports over 3,300 public health professionals from a range of backgrounds, including academic and clinical.

The charity’s aims are to promote the health and well-being of the public by promoting public health knowledge, ensuring the public health workforce is effective and advocating the best conditions for good health. If you have received sub-standard care from an organisation or health professional supported by the Faculty of Public Health, you can usually complain to the organisation or individual in question. If you have been injured due to medical negligence at a hospital, your complaint will be against the NHS trust which manages that hospital.

Have you received sub-standard medical care?

If you have been the victim of medical negligence – for example, if you have been prescribed the wrong medication or have received a delayed diagnosis which has negatively impacted your health – you may be able to claim compensation, although there is usually a three year time limit in which to do so. The first step is to contact a personal injury lawyer, who will be able to tell you whether you have a viable claim. They will need to establish whether medical negligence has occurred, and may consult with specialists in the field in question. The amount of compensation you’ll receive will take into account your pain and suffering, any ongoing care or treatment you may need and any loss of earnings suffered due to time off work.

Call Accident Advice Helpline

Accident Advice Helpline is here to help you with your claim for compensation. Since 2000, we have been helping people claim compensation for medical negligence, and we’re recommended by our patron, TV personality and UK consumer champion, Esther Rantzen. We don’t charge extortionate upfront fees; in fact, all our lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee* basis, so that’s one less thing to worry about. We offer confidential, no-obligation advice, however you have been affected by medical negligence, so you can call us with whatever questions you have about the claims process and one of our friendly team will be happy to help.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.
Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )