If you have heard this term a little too often but still are unsure of the origins, then this article is just for you. Before 1988, personal injury case claimants were allowed to claim Legal Aid to assist them with funding their cause. During 1988, the Legal Aid assistance was withdrawn and replaced with ‘No Win No Fee*.’
These were brought into play to allow people without the financial means to pay for legal fees to have access to the same services as others. Accident Advice Helpline is proud to have this facility for all of the cases we take on and rest assured that many solicitors do not follow this creed.
How do we calculate compensation?
When we take on a personal injury compensation case we look at several factors before deciding on the compensation amount:
- General Damages – These relate to the overall pain and suffering that the claimant has had to endure as a result of the accident or injury. It can be related to the loss of amenity and the loss of quality of life that has followed the injury.
- Financial Loss – This relates to the loss of earnings that may have occurred since the injury and any other financial burden that the claimant has undertaken.
How our claims calculator works
When you decide to call Accident Advice Helpline on our 24/7 freephone number, we will use our bespoke compensation claims calculator to deal with your case details.
It takes 30 seconds and will usually give us the answer you are looking for. We also have an online form that asks the following questions:
- Were you injured in the last 3 years?
- Was the accident your fault?
- Did you receive medical attention?
- Where were you injured?
Once we have the result we can usually tell you roughly the amount of compensation you will probably receive once the claim has been settled.
Call us now
Accident Advice Helpline have been helping people claim for financial compensation successfully since 2000. We are proud to have Esther Rantzen as our patron, and the TV consumer champion is happy to recommend our services.
As mentioned previously, we work on a 100% no win no fee* basis and most cases can be settled over the telephone. Whatever your injury issue, we can probably help and there are no hidden costs. Please call us now and our legal experts will be happy to get the wheels in motion.
Date Published: October 19, 2013
Author: David Brown