A customer residing in Adelaide, Australia ordered a McChicken sandwich for lunch only to discover that it was completely raw inside.
James Parsons, 26, was grabbing a take away bite to eat in between jobs for his pool maintenance business when he made the horrifying discovery. The burger was cold and, after taking a look inside, the chicken appeared to be uncooked causing him to pull over and immediately telephone the restaurant to warn them. Unbelievably, he was only offered a replacement burger which Mr Parsons refused. Although he did not take ill from the bite of raw chicken, it is possible that he may have suffered food poisoning should the burger have been consumed completely.
McDonalds have responded by assuring customers that they have a strict food safety policy in place and are currently investigating the incident. Mr Parsons’ wife has contacted the restaurant about being served raw chicken but no follow up explanation has been received. If you suffer from food poisoning or are served undercooked meat you may be able to make a compensation claim.
How to begin your claim
The Parsons family have frozen the burger as evidence which they could use if they decide to pursue compensation from the restaurant and it is advised that anyone in a similar situation do the same. If you have suffered an illness due to poor food hygiene practices or a lapse in food safety policy, then you may also be entitled to compensation where there is evidence of negligence on the part of the restaurant. Everyone has a right to be served food which has been prepared with safety in mind, which means that there must be controls in place for the risks involved with preparing and cooking food.
Contacting Accident Advice Helpline for assistance
Accident Advice Helpline can take you step by step through your compensation claim and can represent you when you pursue your case. If you have been served raw chicken or have been served any kind of undercooked or poorly handled food, you may have a case to pursue, particularly if you have taken ill after the incident. Just call our 24-hour helpline on 0800 689 0500 to pursue your case on a no win, no fee basis. Any compensation you win for the incident could help prevent a similar incident from recurring and could protect others from becoming ill after eating at the restaurant at fault for your illness.
Source: Daily Mail