How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Criminal injury can result in compensation

    If you feel that you have been injured as a result of a criminal action, you may be able to make a claim for criminal injury compensation.

    Most of us go through life without trying to cause harm or damage to others, but sadly there is a small minority that are not as conscientious.

    What is classed as criminal injury?

    A criminal injury can be a result of many different types of actions, and here are a few of the most common types:

    • Assault – This is when another individual physically attacks you and causes some kind of bodily harm to your person. It can be something as small as a split lip or something traumatic like a knife wound or even worse. As well as the physical pain that you are forced to endure, you may also suffer financially.
    • Arson – Some low-life individuals actually enjoy setting fire to people’s property. If you were trapped inside a burning building, just imagine the horrific burns that you could suffer. As well as the mental and physical pain, you could be disfigured for life.
    • Burglary – What would happen if you confronted a burglar in your home and they viciously attacked you?

    Make a criminal injury claim now

    If you believe that you are a victim of criminal injury, there are certain procedures that you need to follow for a successful claim procedure. This type of injury claim differs from the rest and is dealt with by the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority.

    As soon as you feel that you have become a victim of criminal injury, after seeking medical advice, you must report the incident to the police. Give them as much information as you can and include any medical reports regarding your injury details.

    Open Claim Calculator

    You may decide that you would like some free legal representation for this claim, and this is where we come into the picture.

    Call Accident Advice Helpline

    When you call our 24/7 freephone helpline your case details will be heard and we will ask you a series of questions. Our claims compensation calculator will indicate within 30 seconds whether or not your claim is likely to succeed.

    We can also give you an idea of how much compensation you can expect to receive.

    We have been helping victims of criminal injuries claim compensation since 2000. Please call us now and we will do our utmost to ensure that you claim what is rightfully yours.

    Date Published: October 19, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.