How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Health and Safety News

    Council pays out over £1.5 million to settle injury claims

    By David Brown on May 11, 2015

    Council pays out over £1.5 million to settle injury claims

    A Freedom of Information Request has revealed that Cumbria County Council paid out over £1.5 million to settle injury claims over the last three years. The majority of this sum (£1.3 million) was to settle injury claims for trips or falls on council-owned roads and footpaths. Despite this high payout, a reported 77% of claims made against the council are unsuccessful.

    James Airey, Conservative leader for the council, said, “It’s a huge figure to be paying out for problems which could be solved. You’ll always get people taking a local authority to court, but we should be dealing with quick-fix problems in a better way. In my patch, there are pavement problems which have been reported and they take weeks to mend. It’s a management issue. I’m not saying the council is dreadful, but alarm bells have been rung by this figure, which is pretty enormous. You must spend money to save money, because you could fill in an awful lot of holes for £1.5 million.”

    Those who have been injured due to trips or falls could make a claim against their local council, as it is their duty to ensure that public footpaths and roads are well-maintained.

    Claiming for a slip, trip or fall

    If you have suffered an injury after a slip, trip or fall on a poorly maintained road or footpath, what can you do about it? With so many things in life, there’s not a lot you can do, but this time it’s different. If your local council has been negligent and failed to maintain footpaths or roads in your area to a safe standard, you could make a claim for personal injury compensation. A lawyer will be able to advise you whether you have a viable claim and let you know how much compensation you could be entitled to receive.

    Don’t miss this opportunity

    There’s a three-year time limit in place to make a claim, so act quickly and call Accident Advice Helpline today on 0800 689 0500 to find out whether you have a viable claim. We’re here to offer confidential, no-obligation advice and our team of professional personal injury lawyers works on a 100% no win no fee* basis – so what do you have to lose? We make the claims process as simple and stress-free as possible, however you have been injured after a trip or fall. Don’t delay – get in touch with us today to find out how we can help you to get the compensation you so rightfully deserve.

    Source: News and Stars

    Share On


    Date Published: May 11, 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Category: News

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.