How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for tripping on a pavement hole

    Road damage and potholes are a common complaint among drivers due to the damage they can cause to their vehicles. However, pavement damage can result in slips, trips and falls which can cause serious injuries to pedestrians. Damage to pavements can be caused by bad weather or large vehicles mounting the pavement. Work carried out on the pavement may also cause pavement holes which should be covered or guarded by barriers when the work is finished for the day. Pavement falls and injuries are not uncommon; many local authorities do not have a large enough budget to cover the extensive repairs that need to be carried out on their area’s pavements.

    As a result, you may trip or fall because of a large pavement gap or a loose paving stone. You may even suffer injuries from falling into a hole caused by roadworks or by falling into a pothole. You may be entitled to compensation for tripping on a pavement hole or for falling over incorrectly laid paving slabs so you may need some help if this has happened to you.

    When to make a claim

    Slips, trips and falls are part of life; some people are clumsy, others may fall because they are in a hurry. However, if you fall because of poorly-maintained pavement, you may be able to make a compensation claim. If you do decide that your local authority could have prevented your accident, you should first report the incident to them. You may have sustained a head injury or serious cuts and bruising in which case you could be preventing someone else from suffering the same injuries if you report the incident. Call Accident Advice Helpline for advice on claiming personal injury compensation.

    How we can assist you

    As a law firm which has been in business for 14 years, Accident Advice Helpline is experienced when helping those in need of personal injury advice. We can offer no-obligation advice and help over the phone if you give our team a call on our free helpline – 0800 689 0500. Alternatively, you can get in touch by using our online contact form and we will be in touch with you. If you have suffered serious injuries from a pavement fall and wish to hold your local authority liable, claiming compensation is one way to make them aware of their responsibility to protect you as a member of the public.

    Category: Slips, Trips and Falls Claims

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.