Unfortunately working outdoors isn’t always an easy and safe job; there are many ways in which you might get injured and these injuries could be quite severe. At Accident Advice Helpline we see many cases of people who have been injured working outside or on a farm, and one of the most common accidents we see involves a tractor injury.
Although a tractor is a vehicle, first and foremost it is a piece of heavy machinery, and as with all large pieces of machinery, there are some risks associated with using a tractor.
A tractor injury can be very serious simply because of the size and power of common farm tractors. Injuries many people have suffered include:
- Trauma to the head which could result in temporary or even permanent brain damage, causing bleeding on the brain and all sorts of complicated and life-threatening conditions
- Damage to internal organs such as the liver, kidneys and spleen. Internal broken bones can also occur such as broken ribs which can puncture the lungs
- Severely broken bones and/or the loss of a limb, which can happen if you are crushed by the tractor
- Spinal injuries which can result in the loss of the use of limbs or even total paralysis
- Psychological trauma caused by the accident which may result in the victim being unable to return to work.
Claiming compensation for a tractor injury
If you have been involved in an accident in the last three years that resulted in you receiving injuries, you may be eligible to claim compensation, but only if the accident was not your fault. Claiming is very simple, all you need to do is contact a reputable personal injury claim specialist such as Accident Advice Helpline.
We take care of the entire claim process which means you can leave it to us and may not even have to attend court. Finding out if you are eligible to make a claim for compensation couldn’t be easier, simply call one of our advisors now on 0800 689 0500 to begin your claim.
Date Published: October 24, 2015
Author: Rob Steen