How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for slipping on a spilled drink

    Most of us look forward to nights out once in a while. Whether it is a trip to a pub, club or restaurant, it’s only reasonable to expect we will have a good time. The last thing you would assume would happen would be to slip or trip on a spillage on the floor. In situations like these, slipping on a spilled drink can lead to some nasty injuries. If you fall over backwards you could hit your head and it is also possible to injure other parts of your body as you try to break your fall.

    Restaurants, pubs and other venues all have a duty of care to ensure their premises are safe for everyone to use and enjoy. Spillages should be cleaned up as quickly as possible and warning signs should be in place if they cannot be cleaned up immediately. If you suffer injuries as a result of slipping on a spilled drink you may be able to put in a claim for compensation. Some people have already been through this situation and have managed to claim with the help of a lawyer.

    Are you in a position to claim compensation for this incident?

    If you have been injured in this type of accident it is imperative that you get in touch with a professional injury compensation lawyer within the space of three years. They will be able to assess the situation you found yourself in and can see whether you have proof that negligence was to blame on the part of the venue or location concerned. Sometimes you may be offered compensation immediately by the venue, but in every case you should always seek legal advice before doing anything else.

    AAH can advise you about your specific situation if you call now

    Regardless of whether you have been offered an amount in compensation or not, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline now for more information. We can provide you with no-obligation advice concerning your specific situation so you can see whether it might be possible to launch a no win, no fee** claim.

    Being injured in this type of situation is very stressful and it can result in a lot of pain. You can end up having prolonged problems with more serious injuries, so launching a no win, no fee** claim gives you a chance of righting that wrong.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: July 22, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Slips, Trips and Falls Claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.