How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for being mistreated by a care worker

    It is uncommon to read stories in the press concerning someone who has been mistreated by a care worker. However, it would be wrong to suggest nothing of this nature ever happens. Such things can potentially occur if care workers do not take appropriate care with the people they look after.

    We must point out it is rare for residents of care homes to receive anything less than excellent care by the staff working in these homes. They are designed to provide a safe and welcoming place for people to live in, and somewhere they can receive appropriate help and support to enjoy a fulfilling life.

    How might someone be mistreated by a care worker?

    This could potentially happen in several ways. For example, a care worker may not take proper care over running a bath for a resident. If it is far too hot, the resident could be scalded by it and receive nasty injuries. They may handle a frail resident in a rough manner, leading to injuries being sustained by that resident.

    It might also be that a care home does not employ the right amount of staff to support all those who need it around the clock. If this should happen, some residents may not receive the care they require to be safe. Jobs may potentially be rushed, leading to an increased chance for accidents to occur.

    How can you tell whether a compensation claim would be warranted?

    Clearly, if a relative has been injured while staying in a care home, you may wonder how to proceed and what to do next. You have a right to know what happened, and the staff in charge should help you as much as they can. If you feel there is a chance that compensation may be issued to you or your relative, you should seek expert legal advice from a lawyer who regularly handles such cases.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Calling Accident Advice Helpline should be your first task in such cases. Call now on 0800 689 0500, or on 0333 500 0993 from your mobile, and speak to someone who cares. We can advise you on whether you could receive compensation if someone has been mistreated by a care worker. It’s easy to chat with our experienced and helpful advisors, as they have your best interests in mind. Don’t leave it too late to call.

    Date Published: March 30, 2017

    Author: Rob Steen

    Category: Medical negligence claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.